Juvederm Lip Injections Aftercare Instructions
Juvederm is a smooth dermal filler gel made of hyaluronic acid, which your body naturally produces. It’s recommended for individuals who want full, plump lips and anyone who would like to smooth the vertical lines above the lip. For patients who have had Juvederm lip fillers, we recommend following our Juvederm care instructions after their lip injection:
- Apply ice continuously for the first 45 minutes after the injection.
- Ice the lips on and off for an additional hour or so.
- Keep the head elevated for the first night to prevent any additional swelling.
- If early bruising occurs, we recommend applying Arnica Montana to reduce visible bruising.
- If there is still some irregularity or bumpiness after a week, massage the area to smooth out.
Since we typically massage the lip right after injection, this isn’t an issue for the vast majority of patients. Ultimately, our patients may only experience some mild swelling in the lips after they leave Quintessa. This swelling usually lasts just one or two days.
WHAT not to do after lip injections
There is minimal risk and minimal down-time required after your lip filler treatment, however, keep these points in mind:
- Avoid exercise for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid any extra body heat or sweat to the area, and also avoid warm environments like hot showers or saunas.
- Avoid touching the area with your fingers to minimize your risk of infection.
- Work closely with your aesthetic team to plan any upcoming facial procedures as warming treatments (like lasers) could break down your fillers more quickly if they are scheduled too soon after your Juvederm lip filler.
WHAT IS JUVÉDERM®?
Juvederm is an injectable gel filler made of hyaluronic acid. Noninvasive injections add volume to different areas of the face without surgery and temporarily restore lost volume beneath the surface. Dr. Andrew Campbell and our certified specialists in Wisconsin administer Juvederm under the skin to add volume to plump lips, smooth lines, or lift and contour cheeks. This is a great option for people who are looking for to add volume or smooth wrinkles without surgery. Some side effects may include redness, swelling, pain/tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps and bruising. These side effects should recede within a few hours.
JUvéderm® lip fillers before and after
Every consultation is personalized to meet your needs and achieve the best results. We encourage you to browse before and after photos so you can see results firsthand from patients who may have had similar challenges and goals.
HOW LONG DOES JUVÉDERM® LAST?
The results from Juvederm can be seen immediately. Our patients can enjoy the enhancement of their lips Juvederm for six months to a year. In fact, Juvederm is the only Federal Drug Administration (FDA) dermal filler approved to last up to a year. Begin your Quintessa journey today by requesting a consultation.